Our response to Corona
Thank you for being a valued partner in the Grand Rapids, MI community. While the COVID-19 virus has certainly created challenges, Ascension Health Homes is confident we are doing our best in our corona response to limit the exposure to both clients and staff and continue to enrich and enhance the lives of our residents.
Below are some protocols we have implemented to ensure we are doing our part during this pandemic.
- Weekly email to guardians, family members and case managers on the health and wellness of the staff and residents.
- Skype and Zoom interaction and online activities with friends, family members, guardians and case managers.
- Regular updates posted on our Facebook page.
- Regularly following updates and procedures from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Department of Health, and local and county authorities. Our response and plans may adjust according to the recommendations from these organizations.
- Many of our clients are especially at risk, given they are older adults or have underlying health issues. We are vigilant about our need to help protect these individuals from illness be it the flu, COVID-19, or any other communicable disease. These measures are not new to us as we seek to minimize risk regularly for our clients, regardless of an outbreak such as this new coronavirus.
- Regular symptom assessments for both clients and caregivers (e.g. temperature monitoring)
- All caregivers follow an established protocol regarding staying home when sick and how to know when to return.
- Reinforcement of our infection control practices and the use of personal protection equipment.
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to learn more about Ascension Health Homes.